- Spray cookie sheet with non stick spray (I prefer the air-bake kind, the fries don't burn as easily).
- Slice potatoes into french fry shapes lengthwise.
- Position the fries on the cookie sheet leaving minimal space in between each.
- Spray a thin layer of non stick spray over the top of the fries and sprinkle with onion powder garlic powder and paprika.
- Broil for 5 – 7 minutes until crusty on the outside.
- Remove from oven and turn the fries over.
- Broil on second side for an additional 5 – 7 minutes.
- If the fries seem underdone, bake for another 10 minutes or so at 350°F .
- Remove from oven.
- Place on serving platter and cover with a (paper ) towel or plate for 5 – 10 minutes (this helps the fries to soften on the inside).
- Another tip: to get really great sautéed onions sauté them with watered down apple juice - no fat but good taste.