Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tucsonan R.D. Skinner has recently put out a new cookbook, "R.D. Skinner"s Best in Fat-free Cooking." the book is not yet available in major book stores, but can be ordered by calling (602) 797-783. Here's a sample from the book.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1½ tbsp salt
- 4 tbsp fat-free mayonnaise
- 1¼ cup hot water
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir well.
- Add fat-free Mayonnaise and use pastry blender (or fork) and blend until flour mixture appears to be coarse throughout.
- Add hot water and stir well.
- Knead in extra flour.
- Cover and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Set iron griddle over medium to medium-high heat.
- Tear off a piece of dough, roll into a ball (approximately 2½").
- On well-floured board, roll dough out into a circular flat form as thin as possible (less than ⅛" thickness) approximately 6" in diameter.
- Add more flour if dough is sticky.
- Place tortilla on heated griddle and allow it to bubble slightly.
- Heat for approximately 1 – 2 minutes.
- Flip tortilla and brown other side approximately 1 minute longer.
- If tortilla has browned in variable spots and does not have a dough-like texture, then it is done.
Nutritional information Edit
- 155 calories | 0g fat | 32g carbohydrates | 4g protein | 0mg cholesterol