- Spray 13x9 baking pan with fat free spray, like pam.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together flour, sugar, soda, salt and spices and set aside.
- Mix together the fruit puree fat substitute, egg whites, vanilla and boiling water.
- Add dry ingredients and mix with electric mixer on medium power for 2 minutes.
- Stir in finely chopped apples.
- Pour into 13x9 baking pan and back for 40 – 45 minutes.
- Check for doneness at 40 minutes and add time if necessary.
- Top should spring back when touched.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve warm.