Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 8 servings
- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 – 4 celery ribs, cut into large pieces
- 1 (3 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 – 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 – 4 lbs cooked turkey
- 1 teaspoon dried lemon peel (or lemon zest)
- 1 – 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 cups corn
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained
- ⅓ cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- Place onion quarters, celery, chilies and garlic in bowl of food processor.
- Process on high until everything is in small chunks.
- Make as chunky or as fine as your family likes.
- Pour veggies into soup pot with stock and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to medium.
- Place turkey in bowl of processor and grind to uniform chunks.
- Add to soup pot.
- Add lemon peel through oregano and let simmer.
- Place corn in food processor with a little cooking liquid and process until it is half creamy and half kernels.
- Pour into pot and add beans.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding salt and pepper if desired.
- Before serving sprinkle in half of cornmeal to pot and stir until desired thickness is reached, adding more cornmeal if necessary.
- Add a splash of vinegar, stir quickly and serve.