Makes 6 servings
- 2½ to 3 pounds chicken pieces
- salt, ground black pepper and paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ¼ pound bulk pork sausage
- ¾ cup sliced celery
- ¾ cup sliced green onions
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 x 11-ounce can whole kernel corn with peppers, undrained
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Brown in butter, using large skillet. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Cook sausage, celery and onions in same skillet until vegetables are tender.
- Add rice, corn and lemon juice; mix well.
- Transfer rice mixture to buttered shallow baking dish. Place chicken pieces on top of rice mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is tender