Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Belgian Gourmet kitchen is one of a kind; Below one of the many delicious recipes you can make, fast and only basic cooking skills required !
- 3 cups Gruyere or Swiss cheese (12 ounces) -- coarsely shredded
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 clove garlic -- halved
- 1 1/4 cups dry white wine* (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon kirsch or dry sherry
- dash nutmeg
- dash white pepper
- French or Italian cubed bread/veggies
- Bring shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese to room temp.
- Toss Cheese with flour; set aside.
- Rub inside of fondue pot with garlic halves, then discard garlic.
- In medium saucepan heat wine over med heat until small bubbles rise to surface.
- Just prior to wine boiling, reduce heat to low, stir in Cheese a little at a time stirring constantly making sure each addition of cheeese melts before adding more.
- Stir till mixture bubbles gently. Stir in kirch or sherry, nutmeg and white pepper.
- Transfer Cheese mixture to a warmed fondue pot and keepmixture bubbling gently.
- Serve with bread cubes and/or raw veggies