The Belgian Gourmet kitchen is one of a kind; Below one of the many delicious recipes you can make, fast and only basic cooking skills required !
- 3 cups Gruyere or Swiss cheese (12 ounces) -- coarsely shredded
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 clove garlic -- halved
- 1 1/4 cups dry white wine* (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon kirsch or dry sherry
- dash nutmeg
- dash white pepper
- French or Italian cubed bread/veggies
- Bring shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese to room temp.
- Toss Cheese with flour; set aside.
- Rub inside of fondue pot with garlic halves, then discard garlic.
- In medium saucepan heat wine over med heat until small bubbles rise to surface.
- Just prior to wine boiling, reduce heat to low, stir in Cheese a little at a time stirring constantly making sure each addition of cheeese melts before adding more.
- Stir till mixture bubbles gently. Stir in kirch or sherry, nutmeg and white pepper.
- Transfer Cheese mixture to a warmed fondue pot and keepmixture bubbling gently.
- Serve with bread cubes and/or raw veggies