Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Green bean stew
- 300 g (10 oz) lamb chops and boneless lamb cubes
- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) fresh or frozen green beans
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons tomato purée
- 400 g (14 oz) tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon oil, for frying
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1.2 litre (2 pints) boiling water
- Trim and wash meat, then place in a medium saucepan and cover with boiling water (meat must be completely covered).
- Boil for 5 minutes with lid uncovered.
- Drain meat and discard water.
- Using a medium size saucepan fry the onions and garlic on medium heat until slightly brown.
- Add meat and fry together for 1 – 2 minutes then add boiling water, cover pan and boil for 30 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, garam masala, salt and lemon juice.
- Next add green beans, cover pan and boil for 15 minutes on medium heat, the give a quick stir, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.