Green bean stew
- 300 g (10 oz) lamb chops and boneless lamb cubes
- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) fresh or frozen green beans
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons tomato purée
- 400 g (14 oz) tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon oil, for frying
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1.2 litre (2 pints) boiling water
- Trim and wash meat, then place in a medium saucepan and cover with boiling water (meat must be completely covered).
- Boil for 5 minutes with lid uncovered.
- Drain meat and discard water.
- Using a medium size saucepan fry the onions and garlic on medium heat until slightly brown.
- Add meat and fry together for 1 – 2 minutes then add boiling water, cover pan and boil for 30 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, garam masala, salt and lemon juice.
- Next add green beans, cover pan and boil for 15 minutes on medium heat, the give a quick stir, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.