Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A Bean Soup
- 1 1/2 cup navy beans, soaked overnight in
- 8 cup water
- 3 tbls olive oil
- 2 med onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro, leaves only
- 1 med carrot, finely chopped
- 1 large Potato, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tspn allspice
Place the beans and their soaking water in a large pot and cover; then cook over a medium heat for about an hour or until the beans are cooked but still firm. In a frying pan, saute the onions, garlic, and coriander in the oil, stirring constantly until they begin to brown. Add contents of the frying pan and the remaining ingredients to the beans. Simmer until the vegetables are tender. Serve.