Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Haricot beans in tomato
- 300 g haricot beans, soaked overnight
- 125 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic (optional)
- 1 large carrot, chopped.
- 2 stalks celery including the leaves, chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 1 ltr water
- 4 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan sauté the onion, garlic, carrot, and celery in oil until soft and translucent.
- Add the tomato puree and the water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Drain the beans and add them to the pan.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for about 1 hour, or until beans are tender.
- Add the parsley 15 minutes before removing from the heat.