Fasolada is a very popular bean soup. It is usually eaten with feta cheese and crusty bread. Bean soup is served with smoked herring and is well known in Greece as a very nutritious meal.
- Soak the beans for 12 hours.
- Wash them well and place them in a deep saucepan.
- Boil them for 20 minutes.
- Chop the onion, the carrots and the celery and add them in the saucepan.
- Add olive oil (as much as desired), salt and pepper.
- Stir the mixture and add plenty of water.
- Boil the soup in low temperature until the beans are tender.