Danish meatballs. Use as appetizers or in Forloren Skilpadde.
- Serves 4
- 8 oz lean pork, minced up to 10 times, it must be very finely minced
- 8 oz veal or 8 ounces beef, minced up to 10 times it must be very finely minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch allspice or nutmeg or ground cloves
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp flour
- ½ – ¾ cup soda water
- 1 small onion, grated
- Mix pork and veal, seasonings.
- Stir in the egg.
- Mix flour with the liquid and add gradually to the meat.
- Finally add the grated onion.
- Beat the mixture extremely well.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Shape the meat into balls sized to suit what you are using them for.
- For mock turtle soup, you will want small balls and you will want to boil them for a few minutes or you can make patties and fry them.
- For appetizers, make small balls and fry them, serve with a dip in any case cook until done it is always a good idea to just cook one meat ball to check the consistency, seasoning etc.
- Adjust if necessary. The important thing is to beat the meat mixture and beat it again.