Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Danish meatballs. Use as appetizers or in Forloren Skilpadde.
- Serves 4
- 8 oz lean pork, minced up to 10 times, it must be very finely minced
- 8 oz veal or 8 ounces beef, minced up to 10 times it must be very finely minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch allspice or nutmeg or ground cloves
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp flour
- ½ – ¾ cup soda water
- 1 small onion, grated
- Mix pork and veal, seasonings.
- Stir in the egg.
- Mix flour with the liquid and add gradually to the meat.
- Finally add the grated onion.
- Beat the mixture extremely well.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Shape the meat into balls sized to suit what you are using them for.
- For mock turtle soup, you will want small balls and you will want to boil them for a few minutes or you can make patties and fry them.
- For appetizers, make small balls and fry them, serve with a dip in any case cook until done it is always a good idea to just cook one meat ball to check the consistency, seasoning etc.
- Adjust if necessary. The important thing is to beat the meat mixture and beat it again.