Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Mclean Estate in Irving, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pound round steak
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large bell pepper
- 2 large yellow onions
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1½ teaspoons beef-flavored bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- hot cooked noodles or rice
- Trim steak and cut into serving pieces.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Dredge steak in flour mixture and lightly pound with meat mallet.
- Brown steak in hot oil in a skillet then place in a shallow two-quart casserole.
- Layer bell pepper and onion (both cut into slices) over steak.
- Combine water, butter, bouillon granules and soy sauce in skillet.
- Cook until bouillon granules dissolve.
- Pour sauce over meat, bell pepper and onions.
- Cover and bake at 325°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice or noodles.