A very meaty, delicious Canadian deer recipe. Requires average cooking skills and makes for an excellent meat dish ! Enjoy !
- 1⅓ lbs (600 gms) farm-raised deer loin roast
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- ½ cup (125 ml) dry red wine
- salt and pepper
- chopped fresh parsley or chives
- Preheat oven to 425°F (215°C).
- Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet.
- Brown loin roast on each side and place (uncovered) in oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F (180°C) and roast 12 – 15 minutes, but do not overcook.
- Remove loin from skillet, set aside and keep warm.
- Pour wine into skillet, reduce by ½ to ⅔ and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice loin and serve with sliced mushrooms or oyster mushrooms, seasonal vegetable and potatoes.