Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pareve or meat
- Yield: 2½ cup; 5 appetizer servings; 8 to 10 servings as spread.
- ¾ cup matzo farfel
- ¾ cup hot chicken stock
- 4 each large hard-cooked eggs
- 2 tbsp seasoned olive oil
- ¼ lbs fresh white mushrooms, mince
- ½ cup each minced onion and bell pepper
- 2 tsp spice mix
- 1 each medium Golden Delicious apple, peeled, cored, minced
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp coriander or dill or little of each
- ¼ tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Put farfel in small bowl.
- Add stock and stir.
- Let stand until completely cooled.
- Place eggs in med.
- Bowl and mash.
- Stir in softened farfel.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet.
- Add mushroom, onion and pepper.
- Sprinkle with spice mix and saute over med.
- Heat until mixture starts to soften (3 minutes).
- Stir in half the apple; sauté for 1 minute
- Add to the bowl along with remaining apple.
- Drizzle honey over salad, then combine with mixture.
- Add herbs, salt and pepper an combine.
- Serve at room temp.