Pareve or meat
- Yield: 2½ cup; 5 appetizer servings; 8 to 10 servings as spread.
- ¾ cup matzo farfel
- ¾ cup hot chicken stock
- 4 each large hard-cooked eggs
- 2 tbsp seasoned olive oil
- ¼ lbs fresh white mushrooms, mince
- ½ cup each minced onion and bell pepper
- 2 tsp spice mix
- 1 each medium Golden Delicious apple, peeled, cored, minced
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp coriander or dill or little of each
- ¼ tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Put farfel in small bowl.
- Add stock and stir.
- Let stand until completely cooled.
- Place eggs in med.
- Bowl and mash.
- Stir in softened farfel.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet.
- Add mushroom, onion and pepper.
- Sprinkle with spice mix and saute over med.
- Heat until mixture starts to soften (3 minutes).
- Stir in half the apple; sauté for 1 minute
- Add to the bowl along with remaining apple.
- Drizzle honey over salad, then combine with mixture.
- Add herbs, salt and pepper an combine.
- Serve at room temp.