Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
This is a famous Coleslaw as seen on http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/kittencals-famous-coleslaw
- 1 head green cabbage (8-10 cups)
- 1 large carrots, peeled and finely shredded (hand-squeeze out any excess moisture completely)
- 4 green onions
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds (optional, or to taste)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Hellman’s is best, do not use salad dressing)
- 1/4 cup milk (light cream even better)
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2-3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (use fresh only not bottled)
- 1/3 cup white sugar plus 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning sat, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, or to taste.
- In a food processor chop the cabbage into small pieces (should look like about the size of confetti) or shred the cabbage. Transfer to a large bowl.
- With a fine shredder, shred the peeled carrots, then hand-squeeze to remove as much moisture as possible; add to the bowl.
- Chop the green onion finely; add to the cabbage/carrot mixture along with the celery seed.
- Mix the three veggies all together with a wooden spoon.
- For the dressing; in a bowl whisk together all the dressing ingredients starting with the lower amounts then adding in and adjusting to suit taste but using 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Pour over the veggies in the bowl, and mix well to combine.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight (overnight is better) to blend flavors.