Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from Nelson Estate in Montgomery, Alabama in 1992. Dated 1932.
- 2 Bacon strips diced
- 1/4 cup chopped white Onion
- 1 medium red potato, diced
- 1 small carrot, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon Chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- In saucepan cook Bacon over medium heat until crisp and remove to paper towels.
- Drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings.
- In the drippings, saute Onion until tender.
- Add the Potato, carrot, water and bouillon.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are almost tender.
- Stir in the milk, corn and pepper.
- Cook 5 minutes longer.
- Combine the flour and cold water until smooth gradually whisk into soup.
- Bring to a boil and cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in Cheese until melted.
- Sprinkle with Bacon.