Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- ½ pound broad fava beans (skinless), soaked overnight
- ½ pound dried chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 6 large scallions, finely chopped
- ½ hot pepper finely chopped or ground
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- vegetable oil for frying
- Drain and rinse the beans, using cold water.
- Take the skins of the beans off.
- Pound or grind the beans, or put through the food processor, minced to very fine.
- Add the garlic, onions and peppers, mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Pound or process into a paste.
- Cover and let stand 1½ hour.
- Take about 2 tablespoons of the mixture and form into patties about 1½ inch diameter.
- Let the patties set another 15 minutes.
- Fry them in vegetable oil until golden brown.
- See tahini sauce recipe.
- Best way to eat serve with fresh pita bread, tomato, cucumber top with tahini sauce.