Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- Makes 4 servings
- 1¼ lbs top sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick
- ⅓ cup bottled Italian dressing
- 3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 green or red bell peppers, each cut into quarters
- 2 medium onions, cut crosswise into ½-inch slices
- 8 medium flour tortillas, warmed
- prepared salsa
- 8 bamboo skewers
- Soak 8 (9-inch) bamboo skewers in water for 10 minutes trim fat from steak.
- Cut steak crosswise into ½-inch thick strips.
- Thread an equal amount of beef, weaving back and forth onto each skewer.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing and lime juice, mixing well.
- Brush onto beef, peppers and onions.
- Place vegetables on grill over medium ash-covered coals.
- Grill peppers uncovered for 12–15 minutes and onions for 15 – 20 minutes or until tender, turning both once.
- Approximately 10 minutes before vegetables are done, move vegetables to outer edge of grill.
- Place beef in center of grill and cook for 8 – 12 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.
- Season beef with salt as desired.
- Remove beef from skewers.
- Serve beef and vegetables in tortillas with salsa.