I have made this on several occasions and it is very good. It came from my mother's collection and she says she has been making this before I was born, which is 40? years ago.
- 10 slices day old bread, torn into pieces
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1/8 stick unsalted butter
- 1/r cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Butter 2 quart pan. Put bread into bowl along with spices.
- Toss lightly. Add eggs and mix lightly.
- Blend in pineapple. Gently stir in raisins and chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and Sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.