Ezme Sebze (cream of Vegetable Soup) is usually prepared in western regions, especially in the winter.
- 1 medium size (75 g) onion
- 3 tablespoons (40 g) butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons (12 g) all-purpose flour
- 4 cups (1 lt) water or broth
- 2 tablespoons (25 g) rice
- 1 small size (50 g) carrot
- 2 small size (125 g) potatoes
- 3 – 4 medium size (15 g) celery leaves
- 1 medium size (25 g) Swiss chard
- 3 – 4 sprigs (10 g) parsley
- 1 medium size (50 g) egg
- 200 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon (12 g) salt
- ⅓ tablespoon (1 g) black pepper
- Brown chopped onion in melted margarine for 2 minutes until tender crisp.
- Add flour mixing well.
- Stir in hot water and rice.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer until rice is tender.
- Pare carrots and potatoes.
- Dice all vegetables.
- Stir in simmering onion-rice mixture.
- Simmer for 30 – 35 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Place into a food processor container.
- Process until well blended and creamy.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 1 minute.
- Combine well beaten egg and milk mixing well.
- Blend into a soup stirring constantly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.