- Work time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 14½ oz canned stewed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ lbs perciatelli or spaghetti
- ⅓ cup green olives with pimento
- Chop pepper and carrot.
- Mince garlic.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped pepper, carrot, garlic and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in stewed tomatoes and tomato paste, reduce heat to low and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until just done. Drain.
- Add to the sauce with the and toss.
- Taste and add salt if needed.
- Serve hot.
Nutritional information Edit
- 326 calories
- 9 g protein
- 9 g fat
- 847 mg sodium
- 53 g carbohydrate