Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
At Halloween — the one time of year when the grotesque, gruesome, and horrifying are worth aspiring to — take the opportunity to express your holiday spirit with just the sort of drink Dr. Frankenstein might have enjoyed during cocktail hour. With medium-size radishes and olives, you can create creepy ice cubes that appear to contain eyeballs — ideal for a macabre martini on the rocks or in a ghastly glass of flavored seltzer for your young ghouls-in-training.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Trim the stem and root ends of a radish (make sure it’s small enough to fit the individual section of an ice-cube tray), and use a paring knife to scrape off most of the red skin.
- Leave just enough red to give the radish a veined appearance.
- Rinse the radish off, and use a small melon baller to cut ½-inch-diameter hole into the radish.
- Fit an olive, cut side out, into the hole, and place the radish in the ice-cube tray.
- Repeat this process until the tray is full, then pour water over the eyeballs, and freeze.