Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe makes an enormous amount of hummus (about 4 to 5 lbs.), as I first created it at my job (a health food store), where such is necessary. However, I am sure that by simply reducing the quantity of each ingredient you will get the same great taste, but in a smaller batch.
- 4 cans of chickpeas
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 7 - 10 cloves of garlic
- sesame tahini
- garlic flavored oil (or olive oil)
- spices of choice 
- 1 large onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 large carrot
- sea salt
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and set aside.
- Peel the garlic and chop it up a little bit before placing it in the food processor.
- Chop some of the stems off of the parsley before placing it in the food processor.
- Add lemon juice and blend.
- Add about ½ of the chickpeas, 2 - 3 tbsp. tahini and 2 tbsp. oil and blend.
- Add remaining chickpeas and blend again, with more oil if needed. Mixture should be creamy, but fairly thick.
- Season to taste with spices of choice, along with salt and pepper if desired.
- Chop veggies and add to mixture, ½ at a time (half of the combined veggies at a time, not half of each one).