Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Bivins Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1990. Dated 1942.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- In saucepan combine sugar, milk, salt, chocolate, corn syrup; stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Cook gently, stirring occasionally until a little mixture dropped into cold water forms soft ball.
- Remove from heat and drop in butter.
- Do not stir.
- Cool without stirring.
- Add vanilla.
- With spoon, beat until candy loses gloss and small amount dropped from spoon holds its shape.
- Add nuts.
- Turn into greased loaf pan.
- Cool and cut into squares.