Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
It's an easy to cook recipe of soup - with a warm and tantalizing taste. It is described as the best recipe of an Estonian woman who had moved all over Europe during World War II. Flecked with splashes of heavy cream and touched up with a few scallion slices, it's a pretty soup - with a hot earthy sweetness overlaid with the tart of lemon and the spice of curry. Absolutely outstanding as a first course to spicy barbequed chicken or pork.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- ½ tablespoon curry powder
- 6 cups chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 3 ripe bananas (peeled and chopped)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt(or to taste)
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan over slow heat.
- Add onion and stir for 5 minutes.
- Now add curry powder and cook for 1 minute more.
- Pour in the stock, bananas, lemon juice, and salt, mix them all.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- When the soup is cooked fully, then pour in the cream and blend.
- Pour into bowls, flick in the cream, in an attractive pattern, and place sliced scallions.
- Serve immediately.
- Serve hot to 4 to 6 people as a rich first course.