Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- ¼ cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed and drained
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2¼ cups boiling chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon unsalted polyunsaturated margarine
- ¾ cup uncooked rice
- 1 small tart red apple, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
- Place wild rice in deep 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Add 1 cup broth. Cover; bake at 350 °F for 45 minutes.
- Cook mushrooms, onion and celery in margarine in large skillet until tender crisp. Add to baking dish.
- Stir in rice and remaining 1¼ cups broth. Cover; bake at 350 °F for 25 minutes, or until rices are tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in apple; cover and let stand 2 minutes.
- Garnish with almonds, if desired.