- Heat the oil in a saucepan and lightly fry onions, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Brown the ground Beef with this mixture.
- In a bowl, mix one cup of flour with yeast, Sugar and salt.
- Heat milk with margarine until very warm and pour into this dry ingredients and mix well in the bowl.
- Combine the egg and remaining flour to make soft dough.
- Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic
- Roll the dough into a rope and cut into 2 inch long pieces.
- Cover and let the pieces rest for 2 hours in a warm place or until they double size.
- Flatten each piece with a rolling pin on a floured surface and place the filling the in the center.
- Fold the dough over the filling on three sides to wrap it into a triangular shape.
- Place esfirras with seam down on a large floured baking sheet, leaving room for dough to rise.
- Let the rolls rest for half hour while you heat the oven to 400 °F.
- Brush each esfirra over with egg yolk and bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.