Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The simple and classic method for escargot. :) This is the way they are prepared at 13 Coins in Seattle.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, minced well
- 2 cloves garlic, minced well
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 32 canned French snails
- 32 snail shells
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Combine the butter, parsley, shallots, garlic, and brandy in a bowl and blend well.
- Place a snail in each shell and fill the cavity with the seasoned butter (if you do not have shells, you can use escargot baking dishes - this is actually how i prefer to make them. Most of such dishes hold 6 escargot apiece).
- Place on a baking pan and bake for twelve minutes.
- Serve hot, as an appetizer, on individual snail dishes - or on small folded napkins on plates, to keep the shells from sliding about.
- Also, small silver forks to easily eat them with are a good idea.
- Make sure to have plenty of good bread alongside, to mop up the delicious butter sauce! :).
- Also good with a bit of Parmesan sprinkled on top of each.