Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Henson Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 2¼ cup fresh soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1½ pounds fresh tomatoes peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sauté onion in butter for 5 minutes then stir in breadcrumbs,parsley, 1½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce and salt then set aside.
- Slice tomatoes and arrange a layer in a lightly buttered casserole.
- Combine oil and rest of Worcestershire sauce and pour a little over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle lightly with breadcrumb mix.
- Repeat layers ending with breadcrumbs.
- Bake covered at 375°F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until breadcrumbs are lightly browned.