This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Henson Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 2¼ cup fresh soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1½ pounds fresh tomatoes peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sauté onion in butter for 5 minutes then stir in breadcrumbs,parsley, 1½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce and salt then set aside.
- Slice tomatoes and arrange a layer in a lightly buttered casserole.
- Combine oil and rest of Worcestershire sauce and pour a little over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle lightly with breadcrumb mix.
- Repeat layers ending with breadcrumbs.
- Bake covered at 375°F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until breadcrumbs are lightly browned.