Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Catalan roast vegetables. Escalivada can be served on its own (delicious with Romesco Sauce), or as an accompaniment to meat or fish dishes. This is a beautifully colorful dish and an elegant addition to a classy dinner party.
- 3 red peppers
- 2 small eggplants
- 2 onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- enough olive oil to coat vegetables generously
- 3 tomatoes
- salt to taste
- Wash all of the vegetables, dry and then coat in olive oil and salt to taste, and place on the grill.
- Roast until the skins are blackened If you don’t have a grill, you can use an oven.
- Once the skins of the vegetables are blackened, remove from heat and place in a bowl. Cover and allow to cool.
- Then, peel all of the skins of the vegetables and arrange on a platter.
- Dress in more olive oil and salt to taste.