Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 10-20 Minutes
Cook time: 45 Minutes
Serves: Depends on slicing
This recipe will show you how to make a delicious Banana Bread that's great for any occasion. ;]
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 4 - 6 ripe bananas
- Measure all ingredients and check the measurements.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Oil the bottom of two loaf pans. Trace wax paper the same size as the bottom of the pan, cut it out with scissors and line the bottom of the pan with the wax paper.
- Mash bananas with a fork and set aside for later.
- In a medium sized bowl sift together flour, soda, and baking powder. Set this bowl aside for later.
- With your electric mixer, cream together margarine, sugar, and salt until well mixed.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla and sour cream.
- Beat in mashed bananas.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in the sifted flour mixture just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pans until each pan is about ⅔ full. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl so no batter is wasted.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. When placing the pans in the oven, make sure the pans are not touching each other or the sides of the oven. Stagger them if using two oven racks.