Source: Waldine van Geffen
- 1 small box Jell-O Cook and Serve chocolate pudding powder
- ½ cup non-fat dry milk powder
- 1 tbsp unsweetened Hershey's cocoa
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 4 egg whites, beat with
- 1 pinch salt in 1½ qt bowl
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 oz applesauce
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- In medium mixing bowl combine Jell-O, dry milk, cocoa, sugar and flour.
- Set aside.
- With electric mixer, beat alternately into the egg white mixture a cup at a time with the vanilla, applesauce and baking soda, which have been mixed together.
- Beat 2 minutes after last addition.
- Divide batter equally between 12 paper-line cupcake wells.
- Bake at 350°F about 18 – 20 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes then remove.