Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- ½ cup lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 level teaspoon yeast
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 egg yolks
- 9 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lard
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup grated queso de bola cheese
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Put lukewarm water in a bowl.
- Add sugar and yeast.
- Let stand for 10 minutes then add all-purpose flour and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place until double its bulk.
- Add egg yolks, sugar and butter to flour mixture.
- Add to this the 2 cups of flour and knead with lard.
- Let rise again in warm place (about 3 hours) until double ins bulk.
- Divided into 6 to 12 portions.
- Roll each portion to ¼ inch thick on a greased board.
- Spread with butter and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Roll up, starting from one end and twisting like a knot.
- Place each roll into an ensaymada mould lined with wax paper and greased with lard.
- Keep in a warm place until each roll doubles its bulk (about 4 hours).
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or until light brown.
- Brush with butter and sprinkle with grated cheese and sugar.