Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Christmas Eve Salad
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Comments: Left out beets, and added kiwi. Good served with Miss Daisy's Poppy Seed Dressing.
- 1 fresh pineapple or 1 x 20-oz can pineapple chunks
- 2 large oranges
- 2 med bananas
- 1 large apple
- 3 medium beets, cooked, peeled, and sliced or 1 x 16-oz can sliced beets, drained
- 1 jícama, peeled and sliced (optional)
- 1 stick sugar cane, peeled and chopped (optional)
- ½ cup peanuts
- pomegranate seeds
- mayonnaise or salad dressing
- Remove crown of fresh pineapple.
- Peel pineapple and remove eyes; quarter and remove core.
- Cut pineapple into chunks (or drain canned pineapple) peel oranges; section over a bowl to catch juice.
- Peel and slice bananas.
- Core and slice apple.
- Toss apple and banana with orange sections and orange juice.
- Drain fruits; arrange with pineapple chunks, sliced beets, jícama and sugar cane on large lettuce lined platter.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and pomegranate seeds.
- Thin mayonnaise or salad dressing with a little milk to make drizzling consistency.
- Pass with salad.