Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe is for 4 servings.
- 1 large Spanish onion or Vidalia onion, halved lengthwise and very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 serrano or jalapeño chile, seeded and finely minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- Place the onion slices and salt in a bowl; cover with cold water, and soak for about 10 minutes.
- Drain in a colander and rinse briefly under cold running water.
- Shake well.
- This step will eliminate most of the sharpness of the onion.
- Arrange the tomatoes on a platter.
- salt generously.
- Top with the onion, chile, and cilantro.
- Sprinkle the oil evenly over the salad, toss to combine, and serve at once.