Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Orange salad. Comment from Sally: pico de gallo (pee-coh day guy-yoh) translates as the bite of the rooster. I assume that is because the salsa (which merely means "sauce") called pico de gallo is quite fiery and has a fierce bite to it. Having never been bitten by a rooster, however, i can only offer this as conjecture. (grin).
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup peeled, julienne-cut jícama
- 5 cup loosely packed torn romaine or red-tip lettuce leaves
- 2 cup peeled, sliced navel oranges
- ¼ cup walnut or almond roughly chopped, (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1½ tbsp honey
- ½ tbsp cumin
- ½ tbsp red chile powder
- ½ tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp finely mined cilantro
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients - drizzle half the dressing over the onions and jícama, refrigerate for at least an hour - just before serving, remove onions and jícama from marinade and toss with the lettuce.
- Arrange oranges on top and drizzle the remaining dressing over the salad.
- (Optional) sprinkle the nuts on top.