Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 filets anchovy, or to taste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp green olives, pitted and sliced
- 2 tbsp artichoke hearts,chopped
- 5 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- pinch salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp coarse black pepper
- 3 tbsp garlic oil
- 1 egg
- 3 slices bread
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 oz romaine lettuce
- In a molcajete or mortar and pestle, mash together the garlic and anchovies, then add the lime juice.
- Whisk in the olives and artichoke hearts, then the Worcestershire, salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic oil.
- To make croutons, brush the bread slices on one side with garlic oil, place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees f.
- Until they just begin to brown.
- Turn the bread over, brush with garlic oil and bake until this side begins to brown.
- Allow the toast to cool and cut into 1-inch squares.
- Place the egg in a small bowl or saucepan and cover it with boiling water.
- After 1 minute remove to a pan of cold water.
- Next, break the egg into the salad bowl and whisk it into the mixture.
- Add the lettuce, parmesan cheese and croutons.
- Toss well and serve immediately.