Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 packages of ladyfingers or a pound cake
- raspberry jam
- 1 package of frozen raspberries, thawed and sweetened
- 2 cans of mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 package of Bird's custard powder prepared according to directions with whole milk
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream
- good quality sweet sherry according to taste. start with at least ½ a cup. Do not use cooking sherry.
- sliced, and toasted almonds.
- Spread ladyfingers with raspberry jam and arrange around sides and bottom of trifle bowl.
- If using pound cake, cut into slices, spread with jam and cube before arranging in bowl.
- Reserve a few segments of orange for decoration.
- Arrange fruit on top of ladyfingers.
- Moisten with sherry according to taste.
- You may also use part of the syrup from the oranges if you do not care to use as much sherry.
- I would use half to three quarters of a cup and a small amount of syrup.
- Pour prepared custard over the cake and fruit.
- Allow to cool well.
- Whip the cream with 1 tablespoon of sugar until stiff.
- Spread over the top of the cooled custard.
- Decorate with mandarin orange segments and almonds.
- Chill several hrs before serving.