Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 packages of ladyfingers or a pound cake
- raspberry jam
- 1 package of frozen raspberries, thawed and sweetened
- 2 cans of mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 package of Bird's custard powder prepared according to directions with whole milk
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream
- good quality sweet sherry according to taste. start with at least ½ a cup. Do not use cooking sherry.
- sliced, and toasted almonds.
- Spread ladyfingers with raspberry jam and arrange around sides and bottom of trifle bowl.
- If using pound cake, cut into slices, spread with jam and cube before arranging in bowl.
- Reserve a few segments of orange for decoration.
- Arrange fruit on top of ladyfingers.
- Moisten with sherry according to taste.
- You may also use part of the syrup from the oranges if you do not care to use as much sherry.
- I would use half to three quarters of a cup and a small amount of syrup.
- Pour prepared custard over the cake and fruit.
- Allow to cool well.
- Whip the cream with 1 tablespoon of sugar until stiff.
- Spread over the top of the cooled custard.
- Decorate with mandarin orange segments and almonds.
- Chill several hrs before serving.