Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter, cold and cut in ¼ inch bits
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Work in butter.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Knead on lightly floured surface about 15 times.
- Divide dough into two balls.
- Put each into a 6 inch circle.
- Cut circle into 6 wedges.
- Brush surface with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place on buttered cookie sheet 2 inches apart and bake 10–12 minutes until brown.
- Serve with unsweetened whipped cream and fresh strawberry jam.