Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Delicious, crunchy conserve.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 12 half-pints
- Peel and thinly slice the cucumbers, cover with sugar and let stand for 24 hours.
- Strain the cucumber juice and sugar into a preserving kettle, reserving the cucumber slices, and simmer the juice gently until the sugar dissolves.
- Tie the ginger into a cheesecloth bag and bruise it with a hammer.
- Add the bag to the syrup and boil for 45 minutes.
- Add the cucumber slices and boil for ten minutes.
- Leave mixture in the preserving kettle and let it stand, covered, for 12 hours.
- Boil the mixture hard for 15 minutes; remove and discard the ginger.
- Ladle the conserve into hot, sterilized jars and seal immediately.
You may want add 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes to the ginger in the bag for a little extra kick.