Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Chec englezesc
- 14 oz / 400 g butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ammonia powder
- 7 oz / 200 g chopped walnuts
- 7 oz / 200 g golden raisins
- 4 oz / 100 g ground almonds
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup chopped fruits from preserves
- 14 oz / 400 g confectioner's sugar
- juice from ½ lemon
- shortening and flour for greasing and dusting the pan
- Cream the butter with the sugar, adding the yolks one by one, then the sour cream and ammonia; mix well then add the walnuts, almonds, raisins, fruits, vanilla and lemon juice.
- In the end, add flour and whipped egg whites. Mix gently.
- Pour the batter into the buttered and dusted bread pan.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes at medium heat.
- Test with a wooden pick and cut only when cold.