In Romanian: Pesmeti englezesti
- 3 eggs
- ½ stick vanilla
- 8 oz / 250 g confectioner's sugar
- ½ cup milk or sour cream
- ½ oz / 15 g ammonia powder
- flour as needed
- Mix the sugar with the eggs, add the vanilla ground with a little sugar, sour cream and ammonia.
- Mix well and knead with flour to make a medium stiff dough.
- Gather into a ball, cover with a cloth and let rest for 4 – 5 hours.
- Divide into 2 parts and roll each one into a ⅕ inch thick sheet.
- Cut with cookie cutters.
- Put onto an ungreased, warm baking sheet.
- Bake at medium heat.
- These biscuits may be kept for a long time.