Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- achiote seeds (4 ounce package)
- 2 cup water
- 2 cups medium grain enriched rice
- 2 slices Bacon
- 1/2 Onion
- Soak achiote seeds in water until liquid is a dark rich red. Drain seeds, reserving the liquid. Fry Bacon until soft but thoroughly cooked.
- Chop Bacon and Onion. Put rice, Bacon, Onion in a pan and add the achiote liquid.
- Allow pot of rice to "boil down" until the liquid is almost completely gone. Cover and reduce heat to low for 15 minutes.