Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Rachel Ray
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small white onion, grated
- 1 can pureed tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1 tbsp dark chili powder (half a palmful)
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- coarse salt to taste
- Heat garlic in oil over medium heat.
- When it speaks by beginning to sizzle, add the onion by grating it directly into the pot.
- Cook onion and garlic for 2 minutes to soften and sweeten the onion.
- Add pureed tomatoes and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to warm until enchiladas are ready to top.
- Use red sauce on any enchilada: chicken beef, pork or bean.