Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 10 baked empanadas.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg (beaten)
- 1½ cups warm milk
- 1 cup melted shortening
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 4 onions
- ½ tsp each chilli powder, cumin and oregano
- 500 g ground beef
- 3 hard-boiled eggs (sliced)
- 20 black olives
- 40 large raisins
- To prepare dough: sift flour with baking powder and salt.
- Add egg yolk, egg, milk and shortening.
- Mix to make a stiff dough.
- Divide into 20 pieces and roll each thinly into a circle.
- In frying pan, heat oil with paprika and saute onions until soft.
- Add chilli powder, oregano, cumin and salt.
- Add meat and mix with onions.
- Cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Place a spoonful of stuffing on half of each dough circle.
- Add slices of egg, raisins and.
- Fold dough over filling.
- Wet the edge with milk, fold over again and seal.
- Bake in a 200°C oven until cooked and lightly browned.
- Serve hot.