Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These empanadas are very recommendable for those people who prefer to eat healthier, since they are light and of a particularly delicious taste.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 150 g of butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of salt
- enough milk to make a smooth dough
- 1½ cups of cooked, drained and chopped spinach
- 3 tbsp of grated cheese
- 50 g of chopped olives
- ¾ cup thick white sauce
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste
- Put in a bowl the sifted flour along with the baking powder and the salt.
- Add the butter or margarine at room temperature and finally the egg and necessary milk to make a smooth dough.
- The consistency of the dough must be tender but able to be stretched. Let it rest in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Put in a bowl all the ingredients of the filling and stir until everything is well mixed.
- To take to the refrigerator until the filling is well cold and can be worked better.
- Roll out the dough and cut into discs to make the empanadas.
- In the center of each, put one a little filling and simply close the empanada by folding it in half and pressing the edges together.
- Place them on a baking tray and bake in a moderate oven.
- Before they begin to brown, remove them from the oven and to paint them with beaten egg with a spoonful of sugar, or melted butter.