These empanadas are very recommendable for those people who prefer to eat healthier, since they are light and of a particularly delicious taste.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 150 g of butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of salt
- enough milk to make a smooth dough
- 1½ cups of cooked, drained and chopped spinach
- 3 tbsp of grated cheese
- 50 g of chopped olives
- ¾ cup thick white sauce
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste
- Put in a bowl the sifted flour along with the baking powder and the salt.
- Add the butter or margarine at room temperature and finally the egg and necessary milk to make a smooth dough.
- The consistency of the dough must be tender but able to be stretched. Let it rest in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Put in a bowl all the ingredients of the filling and stir until everything is well mixed.
- To take to the refrigerator until the filling is well cold and can be worked better.
- Roll out the dough and cut into discs to make the empanadas.
- In the center of each, put one a little filling and simply close the empanada by folding it in half and pressing the edges together.
- Place them on a baking tray and bake in a moderate oven.
- Before they begin to brown, remove them from the oven and to paint them with beaten egg with a spoonful of sugar, or melted butter.