Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Spanish pastry pie
- 1 pound of yeast pastry or bread dough
- ¾ pound of pork loin, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ cup piquillo pimentos, sliced
- 3 onions chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1 egg, beaten
- Place the sliced pork in a dish with the paprika, 1 tbsp chopped garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and let it sit for 45 minutes in a cool place.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the pork for about 1 minute, removing slices as they are browned.
- Using the same oil, sauté the onions, chopped peppers and remaining garlic until softened.
- Add the prepared tomatoes, parsley, salt and pepper and cook until the tomatoes are reduced and the sauce is very thick.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Roll out one half to ¼ inch thickness on a floured board.
- Then line a cake tin with the dough.
- Spread this with half the prepared sauce.
- Arrange the slices of pork loin on top and add a layer of piquillo pimentos above that.
- Slice the boiled eggs and layer above other ingredients.
- Add the remaining sauce.
- Roll out the rest of the dough and cover the pie.
- Crimp the edges together and trim the excess.
- Create a small hole in the center to allow steam to vent.
- Place in a medium hot oven for 20 minutes.
- Brush the top with beaten egg and bake another 15 – 20 minutes.