Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Dallas Cowboys Wives' Family cookbook
- 2 pounds green beans
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp melted butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp lemon rind, grated
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 cup lite sour cream
- 1 cup buttered bread crumbs
- Prepare beans as usual; cook in slightly salted water until tender.
- Drain. Set aside.
- Sauté onions land parsley in butter.
- Reduce heat; add flour, lemon rind, salt and pepper.
- Stir until bubbly.
- Combine sour cream and beans. Stir well.
- Pour into a greased baking dish; sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.