Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
- 1 tablespoon Essence
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into medium dice
- 2 stalks celery, cut into medium dice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2½ cups beef broth
- 3 parsnips, peeled and cubed
- 2 turnips, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 cups chopped collard greens
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- rice, for serving
- Combine the essence, flour, and beef cubes in a bowl.
- Toss to coat well.
- Add the oil to a pressure cooker and heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the meat and cook, turning occasionally, until evenly brown, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the meat to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onion, celery, salt, pepper, and mushrooms and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Add the browned meat, garlic, bay leaf, thyme, rosemary, red wine, and broth.
- Cover the pressure cooker and cook for 20 minutes, turning down heat once a steady stream of steam is emitted from the valve.
- Add the parsnips, turnips, and collard greens, stir well, and replace lid.
- Cook an additional 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve over rice.