Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
- Show: Paula's Home Cooking
- Episode: An Elvis Twist
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 (18¼-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, melted
- mint leaves, for garnish
- whipped cream, for garnish
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 whole banana
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 1 (16-ounce) box powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the cake mix, egg, and butter together and mix well.
- Pat into a lightly greased glass 13 by 9-inch baking pan.
- Prepare the filling.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the peanut butter; beat.
- Add the banana and butter and mix well.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix well.
- Spread over the cake mixture.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- You want the center to be a little gooey, so do not over bake.
- Top each cake slice with a mint leaf and dollop of whipped cream.